Carne Louca Sandwich:
There are several ways of preparing it, but the secret is to have some well seasoned braised beef, add some veggies and voila!
Our recipe for Allegheny Eats is very easy to prepare and full of flavors for you to enjoy!
- Defrost your gluten free buns at room temperature for about 30 minutes in its original packaging.
- Preheat your oven at 350F.
- Baking your bread: Gluten Free or Regular
- Gluten Free Bread: Remove packaging and bake your gluten free buns for about 8-10 minutes. The buns are already cooked, you will be just making them softer.
- Regular Bread: If you are working with regular buns (not the gluten free ones), you will just be warming up your bread for about 6- 7 minutes max. If you don’t like crispy toasted buns, just keep it in the oven for less time.
- In a hot skillet add 2 tablespoons of an oil of your choice (vegetable, olive, grapeseed, etc). I
- Add sliced onions and stir it around as it starts to get soft. Add bell pepper and tomatoes. Mix it well. Add shredded beef and a little bit of water (not more than ¼ cup). Add parsley, green onions.
- Remove from heat, add a slice of mozzarella cheese so it starts melting right away and get ready to plate!
- Place your buns on a plate in two halves, just like a hamburger bun
- Assemble your Carne Louca by spreading mayo on both sides of the buns, add the beef. Add greens and pickled red onions. Cover your sandwich with the other half of you.
- Serve it and enjoy! Ah! You can also squeeze some lime as you work your way through the sandwich.